Blackfoot Confederacy Tribal Council
The Blackfoot Confederacy which consists of the four Niitsitapi Nations, Siksika, Kainai, North and South Piikani are seeking to hire a Health Coordinator.
The role and objective are to provide administrative & technical support, and advocacy with the focus of pursuing high-quality health programs & services for the communities within the Blackfoot Confederacy. The Health Coordinator will also be responsible for the day to day operations of the Blackfoot Confederacy Tribal Council Health Area including but not limited to the roles and responsibilities as listed below. Also works with the management team within the Blackfoot Confederacy Tribal Council
Scope of work
Works with the Departments of Health of the four Blackfoot Confederacy Nations Kainai, Piikani, Siksika, and Amskapi Pikuni in coordinated capacities.
The Blackfoot Confederacy Health Coordinator’s role will provide supports, consultation, advice, and recommendations to the Blackfoot Confederacy CEO, and the respective Health CEO’s; to address federal (ISC) & provincial funding, recognizing and or incorporating other respective legislation, policies and guidelines to ensure they are in sync with each Nations needs and goals.
The Health Coordinator will provide the necessary supports and information required by the Blackfoot Confederacy Chiefs, CEOs, and technicians in achieving their goals.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist in development of a Health secretariat office with an operation and or business plan/ manual.
- Develop a Blackfoot Confederacy Health Strategy consistent with Blackfoot Confederacy Strategic PlanDevelop a Health Work Plan consistent with the mandate of the Blackfoot Confederacy Strategic Plan
- Required to draft Grant related to health proposal funding opportunities
- Develop and maintain communication system with the four nation’s Dept. of Health CEO’s of each Nations Community Health Departments.
- Establishing and developing the implementation of the Health Table of the Blackfoot Confederacy within the Alberta/Blackfoot Confederacy Protocol Agreement and in collaboration and reference to the goals of each Blackfoot Confederacy Nation’s.
- Provide support to the Health CEO’s in the key strategic areas identified in the Health strategy
- Establish partnerships & relationships with external health, community social and non-profit groups to achieve resource benefits for the individual (community) members of Blackfoot confederacy.
- Organize & host Technician training sessions and maintain a data collection and reporting system for future reference.
- Coordinates and collaborates with the other Blackfoot Confederacy Systems in addressing common initiatives and programs objectives.
- Works with all levels of Government in representations of all Blackfoot Confederacy Nations for the betterment of each community.
- Other duties as required
Areas of supervision
The Health Coordinator will be responsible for supervising the following program coordinator
- Health Navigator
- Brighter Futures Coordinator
- Co-Management Liaison
The Health Coordinator will report directly to the Blackfoot Confederacy Tribal Council CEO and provides regular reports the Blackfoot Confederacy Chiefs, and the respective Chiefs & Councils, and respective health Directors as required.
Key output /Deliverable
Development of Blackfoot Confederacy Health Area
To develop a Blackfoot Confederacy Health Strategic Plan
Timely implementation of work plans for the Blackfoot Confederacy Tribal Council
Qualification and experience/ Knowledge requirements
- Post Secondary education in a related Health and or Social work field
- Post Secondary Education with equivalent experience in the scope of work.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and skill with various computer software and data bases
- A strong understanding and knowledge of the various levels of government processes and policies
- Knowledge of Indigenous community issues
- Knowledge of the Blackfoot language, culture, history and protocol is an requirement
- Fluency in the Blackfoot language is an asset
- Experience in Planning, Health care Management
- Experience in Project Management
- Sound knowledge of Budgeting and Planning procedures
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Flexibility to address unexpected and challenging issues
- Vulnerable Systems Check Required
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
To be negotiated based on education and experience
OPENING DATE: January 11, 2019
CLOSING DATE: January 25, 2019
Please forward all cover letters (applications) along with Resumes and related documents directly to the Blackfoot Confederacy Office at 100, 820-59th Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta
For more information please call office at 587 287 1100.