We ask you to share this information with your family and others who do not have access to our online resources.
- Chief and Council meets every Monday and Friday at 1 p.m.
- Blood Tribe Emergency Management meets every Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 9 a.m.
- *Blood Tribe Department of Health holds daily briefings*
- Emergency Food Packages Update: Since March 20th, the Team has successfully delivered over 1,000 packages to Blood Reserve residents. Deliveries will continue on the Reserve for those of fixed income. If you would like to submit your name, please call BT Social Development at (403) 737-3974.
- Lethbridge: Deliveries are currently being arranged to start in Lethbridge within the next few days. Details will be provided as soon as they are finalized. Thank you for your patience.
- Calgary: Food and supplies are also being finalized with Blackfoot Confederacy. We will share information as soon as it becomes available.
- KBE Lunch Service: On Monday, March 30th, the Kainai Board of Education launched its lunch delivery program to its students. KBE transportation delivered lunch to houses between 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Any questions can be directed to the KBE District office at (403) 737-3966.
ESSENTIAL SERVICES UPDATES
*All official notices are posted on the BTA website and posted on our Facebook page ‘Blood Tribe Communications’
Kainai Market Place – Details Safety Precautions in Place Against COVID-19
Currently in place:
- New hours are: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday – Sunday 11:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
- Security in place during store hours
- Limiting the number of customers in the store to 30 maximum.
- Gloves are provided to customers as they enter to store.
- All staff have the option to wear gloves or any protective items they feel necessary, everyone has a different level of comfort.
- Money is now not placed in the cashier’s hands, it is placed on the counter and retrieved by the cashiers to limit hand to hand contact. This applies when cashier hands change back to the customers.
- Deli items, food, utensils, condiments, and etc. are placed on the counter for the customer to retrieve, to limit the hand to hand contact.
- Sanitation procedures have been increased, baskets and shopping carts are being washed and sanitized multiple times a day, almost after each use.
- Tape is on the floor to separate customers to remain 6 feet apart, social distancing.
- Sanitation of doorknobs, door handles on the sales floor and in office area.
- Debit machine and ATM are sanitized after each use.
- Check stand is sanitized at a minimum of every 20 minutes throughout the day.
- From 6pm-7pm everyday a major cleaning and sanitation takes place by multiple staff to blitz the store in a big cleaning and sanitization.
Land Management – April 1, 2020 Crop Proceed Disbursement Important Update:
- Due to the public safety issues of the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be no cheque disbursement on April 1, 2020 at the Red Crow Community College Gym, instead, Crop Proceed cheques will be issued as follows:
- All land occupants are to provide Direct Deposit forms (Electronic Fund Transfer) in order for your crop proceeds to be deposited into your account on April 1, 2020. Please email your direct deposit forms to: [email protected] or fax to 403-737-8183.
- In the event land occupants do not provide Direct Deposit forms, their cheques will be mailed, please contact the BTLM office (403) 737-8151 and provide your address to the staff.
- Also, if land occupants have not signed their ‘Crop Agreements’, you are required to sign your agreement, please provide your mailing address or your email address to staff, so that the agreement can be sent to you. Once the agreement is signed, please mail or email the agreement back to the Blood Tribe Land Management office.
Continue to Practice Prevention Against COVID-19:Wash your hands often and well
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home as much as possible, and practice social distancing when you do leave home: keep at least 6 feet from others when going out for groceries, medical trips and other essential needs
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home as much as possible and away from others if you are feeling ill
- Contact your primary health provider or Blood Tribe COVID-19 Health Link at (403) 737-8411 or Alberta Health Link at 811.
- When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands
For continued updates please check: For Blood Tribe Department of Health COVID-19 Updates please check: https://btdh.ca/covid-19-notice/ and check Alberta Health Services: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16997.aspx
Blood Tribe Communications and Community Engagement – bloodtribe.org, Facebook ‘Blood Tribe Communications – Tsinikssini’