We ask you to share this information with your family and others who do not have access to our online resources.
- Chief and Council meets every Monday and Friday at 1 p.m.
- Blood Tribe Emergency Management meets every Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 9 a.m.
- *Blood Tribe Department of Health holds daily briefings*
- Makiinima Chief Roy Fox Update: Today Chief Roy Fox addressed the Blood Tribe live on radio, LASTAR 89.9 FM today. Please tune into the radio station for replays of his address. His recorded speech will be available on bloodtribe.org on April 4th.
- Director of Emergency Management Update: Rick Soup provided an update of the actions the Emergency Management Team and Blood Tribe Administration in response and preparedness of COVID-19. His address was live on LASTAR 89.9 FM and will be available on bloodtribe.org on April 4th.
- Emergency Food Packages Update: Since March 20th, the Team has successfully delivered over 1,200 packages to Blood Reserve residents. Deliveries will continue on the Reserve for those of fixed income. If you would like to submit your name, please call BT Social Development at (403) 737-3974.
- Lethbridge: Deliveries have started for Blood Tribe members residing in Lethbridge. Please look for specific callouts for Blood Tribe members to be included on the delivery list. If you have not received a notice please email your name and address to [email protected].
- Calgary: Food and supplies are also being finalized with Blackfoot Confederacy. We will share information as soon as it becomes available.
- Distribution for Blood Tribe Non-Land Occupants: The distribution in the amount of $200.00 for Non-Land occupants will be issued on April 29, 2020. Registered Band Members who are Non-Land Occupants as of April 3, 2020 will be eligible for the distribution. Blood Tribe non-land occupant cheques will be mailed out due to the. Please provide your current mailing address, treaty number date of birth to ONE of the following methods:
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Fax: (403) 737-2351
- Mail: Blood Tribe Distribution, PO Box 329, Standoff, AB T0L 1Y0
- Phone: (403) 737-8111 (please be patient as the lines have been flooded with calls, and consider the other options listed above)
ESSENTIAL SERVICES UPDATES
*All official notices are posted on the BTA website and posted on our Facebook page ‘Blood Tribe Communications’
Kainai Market Place – Details Safety Precautions in Place Against COVID-19
Currently in place:
- New hours are: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday – Sunday 11:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
- Security in place during store hours
- Limiting the number of customers in the store to 30 maximum.
- Gloves are provided to customers as they enter to store.
- All staff have the option to wear gloves or any protective items they feel necessary, everyone has a different level of comfort.
- Money is now not placed in the cashier’s hands, it is placed on the counter and retrieved by the cashiers to limit hand to hand contact. This applies when cashier hands change back to the customers.
- Deli items, food, utensils, condiments, and etc. are placed on the counter for the customer to retrieve, to limit the hand to hand contact.
- Sanitation procedures have been increased, baskets and shopping carts are being washed and sanitized multiple times a day, almost after each use.
- Tape is on the floor to separate customers to remain 6 feet apart, social distancing.
- Sanitation of doorknobs, door handles on the sales floor and in office area.
- Debit machine and ATM are sanitized after each use.
- Check stand is sanitized at a minimum of every 20 minutes throughout the day.
- From 6pm-7pm everyday a major cleaning and sanitation takes place by multiple staff to blitz the store in a big cleaning and sanitization.
Continue to Practice Prevention Against COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often and well
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home as much as possible, and practice social distancing when you do leave home: keep at least 6 feet from others when going out for groceries, medical trips and other essential needs
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home as much as possible and away from others if you are feeling ill
- Contact your primary health provider or Blood Tribe COVID-19 Health Link at (403) 737-8411 or Alberta Health Link at 811
- When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands
For continued updates please check: For Blood Tribe Department of Health COVID-19 Updates please check: https://btdh.ca/covid-19-notice/ and check Alberta Health Services: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16997.aspx
Blood Tribe Communications and Community Engagement – bloodtribe.org, Facebook ‘Blood Tribe Communications – Tsinikssini’