Today as Alberta relaxes more restrictions with their relaunch strategy, the Blood Tribe Chief and Council, Blood Tribe Department of Health and Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team would like to remind all members that we are still in a State of Emergency and no regulations have been lifted on reserve.
- Curfew – From 9 pm – 6 am
- Travel Restrictions – Essential travel only (food, fuel and medical), limit travel to south zone only (Granum – south) and for non-tribal members to continue travel through the reserve without stopping
- Social Gatherings – Cannot have more than 15 people indoors and 50 outdoors
Moving forward, they would also like to encourage all members to be very mindful of their actions and to follow all safety measures, especially when out in the public and or if you’re attending large social gatherings off reserve.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
- Physical Distancing of 2 metres (six feet)
- Wearing face masks when out in public
- Washing your hands often with warm water and soap for 20 seconds
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Cough and sneeze into your arm
- Clean and disinfect areas that are frequently touched (home and office)
- Trying not to touch your face, nose or mouth
- Avoiding non-essential travel and gatherings
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick
- Limiting your passengers to only your household members
- Staying home
As we move towards returning back to having some normality in our lives, it’s still important to do so with caution since the province is still experiencing infections, due to COVID-19.
We appreciate all the effort and work that has gone into preventing the spread of this virus by our members and we encourage everyone to continue with these same efforts until we have this virus under control.
Also, please remember during this time if we can all co-operate and be kind to one another!
Blood Tribe Communications & Community Engagement