Today, Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team received notice from the Blood Tribe Department of Health that there is one new active confirmed case of COVID-19 on the Blood Reserve.
To prevent developing more active cases on the Reserve, the Emergency Management Team strongly encourages all members to refrain from visiting or accepting visitors outside of your regular household, minimize non-essential travel as much as possible (especially outside the south Zone) and to wear your face masks when out in the public.
Also, at this time, the Emergency Management Team wants to remind everyone to not become relaxed and still follow all COVID-19 safety measures, in-order to minimize further spreading or contracting the virus.
• Wearing face masks when out in public
• Physical distancing of 6 feet from anyone outside your home as much as possible
• Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer
• Cough and sneeze into your arm
• Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
• Clean and disinfect areas that are frequently touched (home and work)
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
Remember, there will be times in the future, during this pandemic, when another member might get infected and that we just need to be vigilant in our efforts to minimize any further spreading of the virus, instead of putting blame on the individual.
By working together, showing kindness and continuing to make the strong efforts and sacrifices that we’ve done so far is what will help us, as a nation, get through this pandemic, not pointing fingers.
Also remember, if you are feeling sick or are showing symptoms of COVID-19, to make sure to go and get yourself tested and self-isolate until you get your results back. To book an appointment on reserve, residents can call (403) 737-8411.
For more information, regarding COVID-19, please visit:
Blood Tribe Communications & Community Engagement