The Blood Reserve is now at three (3) active COVID-19 cases as of this morning, an increase of two from the previous report provided by Blood Tribe Department of Health (BTDH).
The Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team wants to remind all members that it’s very important to continue to follow all COVID-19 safety measures:
- Wearing face masks when out in public
- Physical distancing of 6 feet from anyone outside your home as much as possible
- Washing hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitizer to clean hands, if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Cough and sneeze into your arm
- Clean and disinfect areas that are frequently touched (home and work)
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
The Emergency Management Team also strongly encourages anyone who is feeling any of the symptoms of having COVID-19, which include cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, sore throat or runny nose to go and get yourself tested and then self-isolate until you get your test results back.
If you are living on the reserve and would like to get tested, you can call (403) 737-8411 to set up an appointment. For anyone living off-reserve in surrounding communities, you can contact these facilities listed below:
Cardston – (403) 653-5230
Fort McLeod – (403) 553-5351
Pincher Creek – (403) 627-1230
Lethbridge – (403) 388-6666
Just remember, in order for all of us to stay safe and healthy during this time, we must collectively continue to make these pro-active efforts to provide the best defense against contracting or spreading COVID-19.
For more information, regarding COVID-19, please visit:
Blood Tribe Communications & Community Engagement