This weekend, the Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team would like to remind all members to be very mindful of where they travel as there has been an increase of active COVID-19 cases in various regions located throughout the south zone.
According to Alberta Health Services, the Municipal District of Willow Creek and Cardston County are currently classified as “Watch” regions in the province, while the City of Lethbridge and County of Lethbridge have seen a rise in active cases for the virus.
At this time, the Emergency Management Team wants to remind members that restrictions are still in place on the Blood Reserve, while also strongly encouraging everyone to continue to follow all COVID-19 safety measures.
Blood Reserve Restrictions:
- Curfew – from 9 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Travel Restrictions – essential travel only (food, fuel and medical), limit travel to south zone only (Granum – south) and for non-tribal members to continue travel through the reserve without stopping
- Social Gatherings – cannot have more than 15 people indoors and 50 outdoors
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
- Wear face masks when out in public
- Keep Physical Distance of six feet from anyone outside your home as much as possible
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap for 20 seconds
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, if soap and water are not available
- Clean and disinfect areas that are frequently touched (home and office)
- Try not to touch your face, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid non-essential travel and gatherings
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick
- Limit your passengers to only your household members
- Stay home
Please remember, if you are feeling sick or are showing symptoms of having COVID-19, which include cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, sore throat or runny nose to go and get yourself tested and self-isolate until you get your test results back.
If you are living on the reserve and would like to get tested, you can set up an appointment by calling (403) 737-8411. For anyone living off-reserve in surrounding communities, you can contact these facilities listed below:
Cardston – (403) 653-5230
Fort McLeod – (403) 553-5351
Pincher Creek – (403) 627-1230
Lethbridge – (403) 388-6666
Please make sure when you call to book an appointment on or off-reserve to have your Alberta Health Care card number.
Blood Tribe Communications & Community Engagement