The Blood Tribe Administration is seeking individuals from the Blood Tribe public interested in becoming members of the Kainai Land Dispute Resolution Panel and Appeal Tribunal. The Panel will be responsible for conducting appropriate hearings for parties involved in disputes over land use and occupancy on the Blood Reserve, pursuant to the new Kainai Land Use and Occupation Dispute Resolution Policy. The purpose of the hearings is to enable the Panel to make informed recommendations, based on information provided by disputing parties at the hearings, to Blood Tribe Chief & Council in an effort to resolve disputes over land use and occupancy of the Blood Reserve as fairly and objectively as possible. The Appeal Tribunal will be responsible for conducting appropriate hearings for parties involved in disputes over land use and occupancy on the Blood Reserve, pursuant to the Kainai Land Use and Occupation Dispute Resolution Policy, to ensure a fair and objective process is followed in resolving land disputes on the Blood Reserve.
QUALIFICATIONS & CRITERIA:
Kainai Land Dispute Resolution Panel:
The Panel shall consist of seven (7) Blood Tribe members as follows:
- at least two (2) Elders and;
- five (5) other Community members,
Kainai Land Dispute Resolution Appeal Tribunal:
The Appeals Tribunal shall consist of five (5) Blood Tribe members as follows:
- at least one (1) Elder and;
- four (4) other Community members,
all of whom are respected members of the Community and who have relevant experience, knowledge of the customs and traditions of the Blood Tribe and commitment to the welfare of the Community.
A member of the Panel or the Appeal Tribunal shall:
- be twenty-one (21) years of age or over;
- not be a member of Council;
- not be a candidate for office as Chief or Councilor;
- not be an employee of the Blood Tribe Land Management;
- not be a Party to a filed and active Dispute relating to land use and occupation on the Blood Reserve;
- be able to commit to meetings at hours as scheduled and required; and
- abstain from active involvement in the campaign or promotion of any candidate or participate in the nomination of any candidate running for the office of Chief or Council.
In addition to the above-mentioned qualifications, interested applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Shall possess good character, credibility, and reputation within the Blood Tribe.
- Shall have fundamental knowledge of the current Blood Reserve land use and occupancy system and possess an interest in resolving disputes over land use and occupancy on the Blood Reserve in a fair and objective manner.
- Shall have obtained a security check on the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) and a local indices check.
- Shall not have a criminal record relating to an indictable offence in Canada or a felony in the United States.
- Shall possess grade 12 education or equivalent experience.
- Shall have previous experience serving on a review board, appeals panel, or tribunal
Letters of Interest:
Any Blood Tribe members interested in becoming members of the Kainai Land Dispute Panel or Appeal Tribunal are invited to submit a “Letter of Interest” indicating their reasons for seeking membership on the Panel or Appeal Tribunal and why they should be considered for an appointment. The “Letter of Interest” must include an attached resume, a security clearance check and proof of Blood Tribe membership (status card with Blood Band number).
Please submit Letters of Interest, current Resumes, Security Clearance Checks and Proof of Blood Tribe Membership marked Confidential by mail, fax, or hand delivery
Blood Tribe Administration
Shot Both Sides Building
P.O. Box 60
Stand Off, AB T0L 1Y0
Attention:Rick Soup, SEO Blood Tribe Management
* Applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Check *
CLOSING DATE: JULY 31, 2020 @ 4:00 P.M.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES CALL
BRENDA WEASEL FAT, LAND DISPUTE RESOLUTION COORDINATOR @ 403 737-8212
DOUG MANY BEARS, BLOOD TRIBE LAND REGISTRAR @ 403 737- 8156