As we prepare to get ready for the new school year, the Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team wants to remind all Tribal members to continue to follow all COVID-19 safety guidelines.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
• Physical Distancing of 2 meters (six feet)
• Wearing face masks when out in public or when physical distancing can’t be maintained
• Washing your hands often with warm water and soap for 20 seconds
• Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
• Coughing and sneezing into your arm
• Cleaning and disinfecting areas that are frequently touched (home and office)
• Trying not to touch your face, nose or mouth
• Avoiding non-essential travel and gatherings
• Avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick
• Limiting your passengers to only your household members
• Staying home
Through your effort and willingness to follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines, we, as a Tribe, have maintained zero active cases for more than two weeks, and the Emergency Management Team wants to commend you.
Remember, as you or your child(ren) and the academic staff return to school. There is a greater concern for COVID-19 infections, so we must be vigilant with our efforts to help keep each other safe by working together.
So Blood Tribe parents can prepare their child(ren) attending KBE, or with other school divisions that surround the reserve, a resource document was created to help identify and explain the new COVID-19 changes for school re-entry.
Please remember to make sure to do the self-assessment check, which can be found on the resource document, with your child(ren) every day before sending them to school or on the bus. This way, we can minimize any potential spreading of the virus.
If you or any of your loved ones experience symptoms of COVID-19 in the coming weeks, please make sure to be pro-active and get yourself or them tested. You can make an appointment to get tested on the reserve by calling Community Health at 403-737-8411 or by calling 811 if you live off-reserve.
Blood Tribe Communications & Community Engagement