The Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team would like to commend all Tribal members for their continued efforts in helping to keep the reserve safe from COVID-19.
For the past seven weeks, we as a Tribe have maintained our active case numbers for the virus at zero, which is an accomplishment we should all be proud of, especially since our students have returned to school for three weeks!
Thank you, to all our KBE leadership, academic staff, and Bus Co-op staff in keeping each other and our children safe! Your efforts and planning towards school re-entry and keeping everyone safe is much appreciated!
To keep yourself and others safe from the potential infections of COVID-19, the Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team would like to encourage all Tribal members to continue to follow the safety guidelines for the virus.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines:
• Physical Distancing of 2 meters (six feet)
• Wearing face masks when out in public or when physical distancing can’t be maintained
• Washing your hands often with warm water and soap for 20 seconds
• Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
• Coughing and sneezing into your arm
• Cleaning and disinfecting areas that are frequently touched (home and office)
• Trying not to touch your face, nose or mouth
• Avoiding non-essential travel and gatherings
• Avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick
• Limiting your passengers to only your household members
• Staying home – If you are feeling sick, sore throat, fever, difficulty breathing
The Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team would also like to notify all Tribal members that the State of Emergency is still in effect and will be as we prepare for a possible second wave.
State of Emergency Safety Measures currently in place:
- Blood Tribe Emergency Protection Bylaw
- Mandatory Masks to be worn in workplaces, common areas, public spaces for all BTA Dept & Entities
- Non Blood Tribe Hunters are prohibited from entering the Blood Reserve 148 & 148A (timber limits)
- All Recreation Buildings and gymnasiums are close for events
• Curfew – 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. (NEW)
• Travel Restrictions – Non-Tribe members no stops
– Tribe members essential travel only
Tribal members, be advised that if you travel outside the country, you are still required by Federal Law to quarantine yourself for 14 days upon your return. Also, please make sure to contact Blood Tribe Community Health to notify them that you have returned to the country and that you are quarantining, so they can be prepared to do contact tracing if you are infected with COVID-19.
At this time, the Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team would also like to remind all Tribal members that no public gatherings of more than 15 people indoors and 50 people outdoors are allowed to occur on the reserve. If you plan on having a private gathering, please remember to contact Blood Tribe Community Health to get approval. For example, birthday parties, ceremonies, weddings, funerals, etc.
For anyone, who plans on holding Sweats, please remember the grass on the reserve is really dry. It’s suggested that if you do hold a Sweat, you should make sure to notify the Blood Tribe Fire Department of where and when you are doing so. This way, they can become prepared to help out in case the fire gets out of control.
Have a good weekend and stay safe,
Blood Tribe Emergency Management Team