PUBLIC NOTICE: BLOOD TRIBE COVID-19 RESPONSE UPDATE
INCREASING NUMBERS IN SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
November 23, 2020
In the past few days Alberta has seen a rise in COVID-19 cases, and unfortunately, we have witnessed this occurring in surrounding communities – such as Cardston. The Blood Tribe determined it was in the best interest of our residents to be transparent on the number of active cases in the community by posting updates provided by the Blood Tribe Department of Health. We thank all Blood Tribe members who have used this tool to monitor our community cases, and then work to get our active cases down by taking actions to make sure our community is safe.
When traveling to outside communities please continue or ramp up extra safety precautions:
- Only travel/shop for essentials – food, fuel, medicine/medical purposes
- Wear a mask
- Wash hands for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer after purchases or touching highly touched surfaces (eg. Handle rails, door handles)
- Do not touch your face
- Physical distance of 2 meters/6 feet between yourself and others
- Do not enter other households outside of your cohort or bubble
- Avoid crowded places – stores, restaurants
- Stay home if sick/ill. Do not go to work, school, or in public
Please plan your trips wisely and designate one person per household for trips. We know this is a great adjustment as we are used to preparing for Christmas shopping this year but use your judgement wisely. Community transmission of COVID-19 can lead to spiking numbers which we all have worked hard to avoid for the past eight months.
Thank you to our health care professionals, Community Health and all essential and frontline staff for their daily commitment in keeping the Blood Reserve safe. We also thank all community members who continue to look out for each other – you are making a difference.
BLOOD TRIBE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT TEAM