We ask you to share this information with your family and others who do not have access to our online resources.
- Chief and Council meetings will commence the week of December 7th they completed their swearing in ceremonies – the recorded video can be accessed on the Blood Tribe Communications YouTube account or on the website bloodtribe.org
- Blood Tribe Emergency Management meets once a week
- *Blood Tribe Department of Health holds daily briefings*
- COVID-19 is still present on the Blood Reserve
As of today, at 2:18 pm the confirmed active cases are twelve (12). Blood Tribe Community Health posts an updated tracker for community which can be accessed on their website: https://btdh.ca/covid19/. The tracker is also posted on Facebook pages – BTDH Community Health and Blood Tribe Communications.
- Enhanced Safety Measures for Blood Reserve
Effective November 27 to December 18, 2020:
- Social gatherings will be limited to 10 people indoors and 10 people outdoors
- Essential Services are still in operation: 3 days in office and 2 days work from home. Certain areas will be accessed by appointment-ONLY
- Non-Essential Services will be working from home
** Each enhanced safety measure will be reviewed by Emergency Management followed by an update to the Blood Tribe on or before December 18, 2020. **
- Off-Reserve Travelling
It is reported that there have been several outbreaks at businesses such as casinos, bars and bingo halls which have affected the Blood Reserve. We ask that members please avoid these areas until further notice.
As we continue to adjust our habits, we ask that you carefully plan any Christmas shopping. We do not encourage any shopping outside of the south zone, especially in high risk places such as Calgary and Edmonton. We do encourage you to shop with our local vendors. Other alternatives to think about:
- Gift cards that people can purchase items online and have delivered to the post office for pick up
- Curbside pick up
- Online shopping
Please avoid large gatherings and practice safe judgement. Unfortunately, not all stores will practice COVID-19 safety measures, such as ensuring all customers and staff wear masks, so please be wise in deciding which businesses you will enter.
REMINDER TO BLOOD TRIBE MEMBERS:
- Reserve-wide Curfew: 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Travel Restrictions: Only travel for essentials reasons (food, fuel, medical) and visiting other households outside of cohort/bubble is not permitted
- Facemasks are now mandatory and are required to be worn in public on the Blood Reserve
Continue to Practice Prevention Against COVID-19:
- Wear facemasks
- Wash your hands often and well
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home as much as possible, and practice social (physical) when you do leave home: keep at least 6 feet from others when going out for groceries, medical trips and other essential needs
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay away from others if you are feeling ill
- When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands
- For COVID-19 Testing questions please contact your primary health provider or Blood Tribe COVID-19 Hotline at (403) 737-8411 or Alberta Health Link at 811
- All those interested in sewing homemade masks please check this website (Mask Makers YYC): https://www.maskmakersyyc.com/
For continued updates please check:
Blood Tribe Communications and Community Engagement – bloodtribe.org, Facebook ‘Blood Tribe Communications – Tsinikssini’, Blood Tribe Communications Twitter and Instagram accounts.
BLOOD TRIBE COMMUNICATIONS AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT