We ask you to share this information with your family and others who do not have access to our online resources.
- Chief and Council are updated by the DEM and BTDH at regular meetings
- Blood Tribe Emergency Management meets every Wednesday
- *Blood Tribe Department of Health holds daily briefings*
- COVID-19 is still present on the Blood Reserve:
As of yesterday, March 4, 2021, at noon, the Blood Reserve’s confirmed active cases were at 36 (1 new). Blood Tribe Community Health posts an updated tracker for the community, which can be accessed on their website: https://btdh.ca/covid19/. The tracker is also posted on Facebook pages – BTDH Community Health and Blood Tribe Communications.
- Vaccine Rollout:
Due to the delay of vaccine supply, the Vaccine Clinic (2nd dose) dates and times were changed and will begin on March 16/21. No phone call will be necessary for those have scheduled appointments, as Community Health will directly call them to reschedule a new date and time for them to receive the vaccine. If you need transportation please call Blood Tribe Family and Community Support Services at (403) 737-2888.
More announcements will be provided as more vaccine is available. Please check btdh.ca and bloodtribe.org for updates on vaccine rollouts.
- Enhanced Safety Measures for Blood Reserve:
Chief and Council extended the Enhanced Safety Measures Order to continue for another 30 days beyond February 15th. These orders can be reviewed here: https://bloodtribe.org/index.php/2021/02/16/public-notice-blood-tribe-covid-19-enhance-safety-measures-extended-for-another-30-days-by-order-of-chief-and-council-february-15-2021/.
The measures – specific to the public – include:
- Those under quarantine orders must follow or face penalties
- Curfew of 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Restricted travel to essential purposes only
- No social gathers (public or private) – meetings are restricted to a max. of 10
- No wakes are allowed at residences.
- All Blood Reserve residents are to remain with their own family cohort
- Masks are mandatory
- Physical distancing is required in public places (unless with family cohort)
Continue to Practice Prevention Against COVID-19 by following these guidelines:
- Wear facemasks
- Wash your hands often and well
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home as much as possible, and practice social (physical) when you do leave home: keep at least 6 feet from others when going out for groceries, medical trips and other essential needs
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay away from others if you are feeling ill
- When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands
- For COVID-19 Testing questions, please contact your primary health provider or Blood Tribe COVID-19 Hotline at (403) 737-8411 or Alberta Health Link at 811
- All those interested in sewing homemade masks, please check this website (Mask Makers YYC): https://www.maskmakersyyc.com/
For continued updates please check:
Blood Tribe Communications and Community Engagement – bloodtribe.org, Facebook ‘Blood Tribe Communications – Tsinikssini’, Blood Tribe Communications Twitter and Instagram accounts.
Blood Tribe Communications & Community Engagement