Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Pursuant to its inherent authority and the Blood Tribe/Kainai Emergency Protection By-Law, on January 15, 2021, the Blood Tribe Chief and Council Ordered safety measures that were put in place and enforced on the Blood Reserve. Currently, the Blood Tribe is now in the position to relax and alter these restrictions. With the continuance of the COVID-19 vaccination program on the Blood Reserve, all Blood Tribe Members are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated to protect themselves, and others from the COVID-19 virus, and before travelling on the Blood Reserve.
These new measures shall continue for at least the next 30 days and until further Order of Chief and Council:
- All restrictions and safety measures will be strictly enforced through the coordination of Blood Tribe Department of Health, Director of Management/Team, and Blood Tribe Police;
- All individuals that are ordered to be in quarantine by Blood Tribe Department of Health or by Alberta Health Services through contact tracers must stay in strict quarantine as directed, or they will be subject to applicable penalties;
- The current curfew of 11 pm to 6 am is hereby is lifted and is no longer in effect;
- Gathering for any purpose shall be subject to the following rules until further notice as follows;
a. 1/3 of fire occupancy code for indoor gatherings in public buildings;
b. Temperature checks, masking, physical distancing of at least 2 meters, and hand sanitizers will be required at all public buildings and outdoor gatherings;
c. There shall be no indoor gatherings, outside of family cohorts, at private residences;
d. Outdoor gatherings are limited to 20 people;
e. No funeral or wakes shall be held at private residences except for outdoor wakes and then only as approved in advance by the DEM and Blood Tribe Community Health with continued safety measures for outdoor gatherings and;
- Non-Essential Blood Tribe Department and Entity employees must follow all safety measures and occupancy requirements;
- All entryways to Blood Tribe Departments and Entities will require temperature checks, and all persons accessing public services shall provide contact information;
- The mandatory masking shall continue community-wide; and
- All persons shall continue to physical distance at least two meters when in public unless they are with their family cohort.
If there is a conflict with the measures in this Order and any Federal or Provincial law or regulation, this Order is paramount and must be followed on the Blood Reserve.