Please read and share the following information to keep you and your loved ones safe during this heatwave.
Possible Record-Breaking Temperatures ALL WEEK
Please Be Advised – Environment Canada Recommends:
- Reschedule outdoor activities to cooler times in the day.
- Take frequent breaks from the heat and spend time in cool indoor places when possible.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Never leaving any person or pet inside a closed vehicle.
Additionally, the Blood Tribe urges its members to:
- Check on Elders
- Check on the Vulnerable
- Provide water to those without Potable Water
- Call Emergency Services if you or someone experiences dizziness or faints.
- BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS: Headache, Rapid Heartbeat, Mental Confusion and Vomiting.
Additional Information: This Heat wave will reach temperatures from the Mid to High 30’s with Highs reaching 40 degrees Celsius in some areas. Also, the evenings will offer little or no relief as temperatures will remain between 15-20 degrees Celsius overnight.