Blood Tribe Department of Human Resources
– Position: Senior Executive Officer
Department: Blood Tribe Management
Posted: March 9, 2023 Closing Date: April 6, 2023
– Position: Program Coordinator (Re-Posting)
Department: Blood Tribe Recreation & Parks
Posted: March 20, 2023 Closing Date: April 6, 2023
-Position: Skills Link Program Facilitator/Job Coach
Department: Blood Tribe Employment & Skills Training
Posted: March 20, 2023 Closing Date April 6, 2023
-Position: Repairs and Maintenance Supervisor (Re-Posting)
Department: Blood Tribe Housing
Posted: March 22, 2023 Closing Date April 11, 2023
-Position Accounts Clerk
Department: Blood Tribe Family & Community Support Services
Posted: March 23, 2023 Closing Date April 13, 2023
-Position Part-Time, Casual, On-Call Administrative Assistants, Accountants, and AP/AR Clerks
Contact Marlene Blood at 403-737-8219 or Email [email protected]
BTA jobs are posted on the Human Resources website www.bloodtribehr.com
For Blood Reserve job posts visit the https://www.bloodtribe.org website.
Blood Tribe Land Management
Public Notice RE: Blood Tribe Land Occupants
- Pre-Authorized Direct Deposit Forms & Address Changes
In respect to the April 1, 2023, crop proceed payments, the Blood Tribe Land Management (BTLM) Department staff will either be depositing crop proceeds directly – utilizing the Pre-Authorized Direct Deposit process, providing the cheques at the BTLM Department office, or mailing the crop proceed cheques (upon request of the land occupant only). All direct deposit forms and address changes (please provide a stamped envelope with the address change) must be submitted to the BTLM Department Office no later than Friday, March 17, 2023.
For late submissions of direct deposit forms, the land occupant will receive their crop proceeds from the BTLM Department Office (or mailed), and the direct deposit forms will be utilized for the next crop proceed payment.
- April 1, 2023. Land Proceed Payments
This is to Inform all Blood Tribe Land Occupants that the April 1, 2023 Land Proceed payments & Lease Trust cheques will be issued on Monday, April 3rd, 2023 at the Kainai Multi-Purpose Building beginning at 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Blood Tribe Land Occupant 2023 – 2026 Crop Agreement
This notice is to inform all Blood Tribe land occupants that the Blood Tribe Land Management is now taking appointments for all land occupants to sign their 2023 – 26 Crop Agreements.
- Blood Tribe Membership Rural Burial Plots
In respect to all “rural burial plots” that are located outside of the Blood Reserve Cemeteries, Prior to location selection of any rural burial plots, the BTLM Registry staff are to be contacted to ensure firstly, that the burial plot is not located on registered cultivated acres, forage acres, flood zones, etc. Secondly, the BTLM Geomatics staff will survey and document the burial plot for documentation purposes.
Blood Tribe Department of Recreation & Parks
Alberta Native Provincial Hockey Tournament
- April 6th-9th, 2023 – Edmonton, Alberta
Visit nhac.ca for more information.
Alberta Treaty Hockey Tournament
- April 12th-16th, 2023 – Calgary, Alberta Visit alberta-treaty-hockey-association.com for more information.
Moses Lake Community Activity Calendar available on the Blood Tribe website at www.bloodtribe.org
Blood Tribe Economic Development
Indigenous Business Builders Series Event
Join us for the “Open for Business” event Celebrating Indigenous entrepreneurs in Calgary! Taking place at the Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre on March 29th and 30th, this two-day event is designed to provide resources and opportunities for Indigenous business owners. Registration fee is $25.00 per person. Seats are Limited To register please visit aboriginalfutures.com/business-builders-series/
- Interested community members are highly encouraged to register their business.
- information for our online business directory. Forms can be picked up at our office or via email. Interested community members can call 403-737-8124, or email [email protected] for more information.
- Grant opportunities, scholarships, and workshops, please visit their Facebook page facebook.com/btecdev for further details
Blood Tribe Membership
- Membership Cards are processed and made every Wednesday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM on a First come First serve basis no appointments booked, those who have travel from afar should call Membership and make arrangements. 403-737-8111.
- Distribution Cheques can be picked up at the BTA Building Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM to contact membership email [email protected] or to request mail out contact membership at 403-737-8111 or 403-737-8220. Membership does not take appointments, those who must travel far should call Membership and make arrangements. 403-737-8111.
Blood Tribe Employment & Skills Training (BTEST)
Skills Link Program 2023
Now accepting applications until Friday, March 24th, 2023.
Start date: Monday, April 17th, 2023.
For more information contact:
Kailey Mistaken Chief, Youth Programs Officer.
Office: (403)737-8149 Email: [email protected]
- Post-Secondary Summer Work Experience Program 2023
The SWEP is now open to all Full-time-Returning Post-Secondary students. To be eligible, each student must submit the following, BTEST Registration form, Winter/Spring 2023 School Verification, fall 2023 School Verification, Resume & Cover Letter, Social Insurance Number. BTEST will host information sessions at local Post-Secondary institutions in early April.
- Indigenous Labour Market Information Survey Project
Our Labour Market Information (LMI) Survey helps identify workforce gaps and match Blood tribe people with the right training and jobs.
For more information or to take the survey contact:
Jami Wells, LMI Project Coordinator
(403)360-0798 or (403)737-8149.
Blood Tribe Social Development
Notice: Dates of Income Assistance Distribution
Please be advised that the April, 2023 income assistance (IA) cheques will be mailed out on April 3, 2023 and not the last week of March. This is the standard accounting practice each year when BTSD cannot issue IA cheques before March 31 meant for April of the following fiscal year.
However, we will be issuing Inflation Relief dollars on March 16, 2023 to the amount of $600.00 per head of household for those currently on income assistance. This amount will ensure IA clients will not face any hardship before April 3, 2023.
Thank you for your cooperation. Arnold Fox, Director Blood Tribe Social Development.
Blood Tribe Public Works
Road Conditions: Leon Young Pine 403-929-5725
Water/Waste issues: Lawrence Mistaken Chief 403-634-4265
Road Construction Manager: Clement Black Water 403-635-4263
Supervisor: Delray First Rider 403-635-4261
For latest updates from Blood Tribe departments and entities please like and follow Blood Tribe Communications on Facebook, Instagram, twitter and visit our website at www.bloodtribe.org Download the Blood tribe/Kainaiwa App now on the Apple store or Google play for the latest BTA updates.