WHERE: Belly River Campground
WHY: A habituated black bear is frequenting the area
A black bear has damaged tents at Belly River Campground. The bear has not shown signs of aggression toward humans. Soft sided camping (tents and tent trailers) is notrecommended.
The Belly River group camping site is closed until further notice.
- Camp in hard sided trailers or vehicles.
- Store all food, cookware, utensils, coolers, etc. properly – inside your vehicle or in the campground’s food storage lockers.
- Keep a clean campsite. All litter and garbage must be disposed of in bear-proof bins.
- Supervise small children when they are playing outdoors.
- Keep your dog on a leash. Don’t leave pets unattended outside – especially at night.
- Carry bear spray and know how to use it.
- If you see a bear or any carnivore in the campground, report it to campground hosts or call Parks Canada Dispatch at 1-888-927-3367.
For more information