In Case You Missed It for November 3, 2023
Blood Tribe Department of Human Resources
- Employment Opportunities
Blood Tribe Membership
- Public Notice: Blood Tribe Membership will be issuing Membership Cards starting Wednesday, October 18, 2023. First come, first served. For additional information – please contact (403)737-8220.
Blood Tribe Employment & Skills Training (BTEST)
- Indigenous Labour Market Information Survey Project
Our Labour Market Information (LMI) Survey helps identify workforce gaps and match Blood Tribe people with the right training and jobs.
For more information or to take the survey contact:
Jami Wells, LMI Project Coordinator
(403) 360-0798 or (403) 737-8149.
Blood Tribe Land Management
- Blood Tribe Elders Traditional Knowledge Information Session
Wednesday, November 15, 2023 – This session aims to acquire knowledge of our Blackfoot plants and animals and in doing so,
our mission is to acquire ways of protecting our culturally important species and places.
Location: Red Crow Community College Gymnasium – Standoff, AB
Register @ (403) 737-8151 or (403) 360-1220 with Marsha Heavy Head lunch will be served.
- Livestock Control 403-634-9419
- Public Notice RE: Crop Agreement Renewal Dates This notice is to inform all land occupants with crop parcels, that appointments can be made to sign their “April 1, 2024 – March 31, 2026, Two-Year Crop Agreement(s)” from September 15, 2023, to December 15, 2023, at the Blood Tribe Land Management (BTLM) Department Office. At your scheduled appointment, you can discuss with BTLM Staff your Payment Schedule (Monthly, Bi-Annual or Tri-Annual) and your Permittee (pending accessibility, land location, availability, etc.). All land occupants with shared parcels must agree on the Permittee, etc., and all must sign the Crop Agreement for documentation purposes. Please contact the BTLM office at 403-737-8151, to schedule an appointment.
Blood Tribe Social Development
- The Blackfoot Language Signage Project is a partnership between the Kainai/Blood Tribe and local southern Alberta Economic Development and Tourism organizations which will fund the construction of signs that feature the Blackfoot language across the region. The Blackfoot signage aims to enrich the landscape to its Blackfoot Confederacy Territory origins forlocals and visitors to learn more about the deep history of our region. Arnold Fox, Director of Blood Tribe Social Development, along with the Aitsi’poyiiksi Committee will take the lead in providing the translations for signage locations across Blackfoot Territory which will help promote and preserve our Blackfoot Language.
For full press release please visit: https://bloodtribe.org/index.php/2023/09/12/the-regional-blackfoot-signage-project-launches-september-11-2023/
Blood Tribe Economic Development
- Business Planning Series
Learn how to start and operate your own small business, in addition gain access to resources and tools necessary to succeed. Training will be held on November 20 to December 13, 2023. Training delivery will be virtual and in-person. Grant deadline is January 12, 2024. For more information and/or to register call 403-737-8124 or email Norma Wolf Child Small Business Development Officer – [email protected] for more information.
- Business Directory
Interested community members are highly encouraged to register their business. Information for our online business directory forms can be picked up at our office or via email. Interested community members can call 403-737-8124 for more information.
Blood Tribe Family & Community Support Services
- Construction officially begins on the Blood Tribe Early Learning & Childcare Centre
Standoff, AB – On October 18, 2023, the Blood Tribe Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) department officially broke ground with a sod turning ceremony at the site of the new Blood Tribe Early Learning & Childcare Centre. Construction is set to begin immediately on the much-needed facility. *for full story please visit: https://bloodtribe.org/index.php/2023/10/20/construction-officially-begins-on-the-blood-tribe-early-learning-childcare-centre/
- The Food Bank will be open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10am – 3pm and the Bottle Depot 9am – 3pm every day both services will be closed during the lunch hour from 12pm – 1pm.
Tribal Government & External Affairs
- Notice of Second Ratification Vote on the Kainaiwa/Blood Tribe Timber Limit Reserve 148A Specific Claim Settlement click HERE or visit: bloodtribe.org
Blood Tribe Housing
- Now accepting rental applications for: 2- two-bedroom rental units & 2 – three-bedroom rental units. In the St. Mary’s community, Rental housing applications can be picked up at Blood Tribe housing and returned to Blood Tribe Housing. Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Blood Tribe Public Works
- Public Works would like to welcome engineer Steven Vaivada who was recently hired by the Senior Executive Officer and Public Works Committee for a term effective September 27, 2023,
ending March 31, 2024. Steven Vaivada was hired to oversee the Public Works Department’s capital project. Steven Vaivada’s priority is the Emergency Road Repair and will be responsible for providing plans and completing the project. Other areas include developing short and long terms plans for future capital projects, assessing, and evaluating current projects, and doing an aggregate study (sources, costs and gravel crushing equipment).
If you have any inquiries or concerns regarding Public Works projects, please contact Steven Vaivada P. Eng. at Scout Engineering & Consulting Ltd. (403)-813-2855. “For the people”
- Garbage Schedule please visit: https://bloodtribe.org/index.php/blood-tribe-public-works/
- For Road Conditions:Leon Young Pine – 403-929-5725
Water/Waste Issues: Lawrence Mistaken Chief – 403-634-4265
*New Bylaw Posted: Blood Tribe/Kainaiwa Dangerous Persons Bylaw No. 06-2023 available to review at: https://bloodtribe.org/index.php/blood-tribe-kainai-dangerous-persons-bylaw-no-06-2023/
For latest updates from Blood Tribe departments and entities please like and follow Blood Tribe Communications on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and visit our website at www.bloodtribe.org Download the Blood Tribe/Kainaiwa App now on the Apple store or Google play for the latest BTA updates.